Thanksgiving Recipe Roundup
November 22, 2014
Chris and I are heading to my parent’s for Thanksgiving and I can’t wait. Thanksgiving food is the best, and my mom always hosts a great Thanksgiving. She gets the biggest turkey she can find and roasts it so the skin is crispy and golden.
And the stuffing! Her stuffing is amazing! She makes it the old-fashioned way, right in the bird. I don’t know the full recipe but it definitely involves bacon. I can’t wait!
Reader Mariela left a lovely comment and asked if I would post a recipe roundup so she could “Karenize” her Thanksgiving! I think this is a fantastic idea, so I’ve posted a few 2Teaspoons favorites below.
If you are looking to add a few new sides or desserts to your Thanksgiving holiday, check out the list below.
- pumpkin spice cheesecake with gingersnap crust and homemade whipped cream
- pumpkin cookies with maple glaze
- pumpkin muffins with cream cheese frosting (these are also great for breakfast!)
- pumpkin puree
- cranberry pecan scones (not pumpkin, but still delicious!)
- apple pie
- apple spice cake with caramel sauce
- apple kuchen
- applejack cookies
- salted caramel apple muffins with pecan streusel (another great breakfast idea!)
- sweet potato salad
- grilled sweet corn on the cob
- broccoli with cheddar beer sauce
- lemon garlic green beans with toasted pine nuts
- roasted brussels sprouts with maple pancetta bacon glaze
- roasted butternut squash ginger soup
- cheesy cornbread muffins
What are your favorite Thanksgiving dishes? Feel free to share links to your favorites in the comments 🙂