Delicious, crunchy, juicy, little healthy oven-baked chicken tenders! These little guys are full of flavor, but only contain a fraction of the fat. They really aren’t fried, pinky swear. You won’t believe it either 🙂 If you’re looking for tenders with a bit more kick, check out my Healthy Crispy Oven-Baked Buffalo Chicken Tenders too!
I can’t believe these aren’t fried. Actually, why isn’t that a brand? I can’t believe it’s not fried! Note to self – start a line of food that tastes fried, but isn’t! Live the dream. Eat light, feel full.
Did I mention these chicken tenders are amazing?!
Photographing them was super challenging. Chris and I (mostly Chris I swear) kept eating them between shots. He kept finding reasons to “rearrange” the tenders. More like excuses to sneak more tenders. But he’s not as sneaky as he thinks. I saw every time he ate one. But I can’t really blame him – I’m just happy I made extra!
Two things. Panko breadcrumbs are amazing, and these little chicken tenders go with everything. Eat them straight up. Dunk them in your favorite sauce (I love Buffalo sauce!). Put them on pizza. Make them into a sandwich. Use them to top a salad. Go crazy! We did 🙂
Delicious, crunchy, juicy, little chicken tenders! These little guys are full of flavor, but only contain a fraction of the fat.
They really aren’t fried, pinky swear. You won’t believe it either 🙂
Healthy Oven-Baked Chicken Tenders
- Click here for a new version!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 egg beaten
- splash of milk
- dash of salt and pepper
- optional: your favorite dipping sauce!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place a wire rack inside a baking sheet. Spray rack with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a skillet over low heat. Add breadcrumbs and slowly stir until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Set up breading station by putting three shallow bowls on counter. Fill first bowl with egg and milk, second bowl with flour, and third bowl with breadcrumbs, salt and pepper.
- Cut chicken in to bite-sized pieces. Dunk chicken in egg mixture bowl, then flour bowl, then shake off excess. Place chicken back into egg mixture bowl, then roll in breadcrumb bowl, coating thoroughly. Press breadcrumbs into chicken and place on a wire wrack.
- Once all chicken pieces are breaded, spray chicken with cooking spray. Bake for 10 minutes, until chicken is fully cooked (internal temperature of 165 degrees). Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve straight up or with your favorite dipping sauce!
Feeling saucy? Checkout these buffalo chicken tenders!