Have you all finished raiding your (or your kids!) Halloween candy? I don’t have kids, but if I did, I’m pretty sure their Halloween candy stashes would suspiciously lose a few Reese’s peanut butter cups. I just love their peanutbuttery creaminess! And we all know the only wrong way to eat a Reese’s is to not eat it at all.
Here’s a recipe that’s in honor of my Halloween candy bag’s most prized contents – Reese’s! I LOVE peanut butter and I LOVE Reese’s so it seemed only natural to unite them is soft, thick, delicious cookie form.
These yummy cookies are super packed with peanut buttery goodness. The peanut butter cookie base is from Sally’s Baking Addiction, a fantastic blog by the peanut butter obsessed Sally. Definitely a perfect person to get a peanut butter cookie recipe from.
I put my own spin on Sally’s thick, soft peanut butter cookies, upping the peanut butter factor by using chunky, natural peanut butter and packing them with Reese’s pieces. These cookies came out super rich and super nutty. They are pretty much the perfect companion for a tall glass of milk or a hot cup of coffee.
These soft, thick peanut butter cookies packed Reese’s Pieces are sure to be a hit however you serve them! 🙂
- ½ cup salted butter*, softened to room temperature
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup peanut butter**
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- 1 ½ cups of Reeses’s Pieces
- Cream the butter and sugars together on medium speed using a mixer. Add the peanut butter, then egg, then vanilla, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- In a separate bowl combine the baking soda and flour.
- Slowly add flour mixture into butter-sugar mixture, being careful not to overmix the dough. Once dough is fully combined use a large spoon to stir in Reese’s Pieces.
- Roll cookie dough into balls (2 tablespoons for small cookies, ¼ cup for large cookies) then refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange dough on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake until cookies just start to brown, about 8-10 minutes for small cookies or 10-15 minutes for large cookies. Let cool fully on wire rack.
Mandatory: taste at least one during the cooling process 🙂
**I used natural chunky peanut butter, but any type will be delicious
Not sure where to go next? Read my story or try a 2Teaspoon's favorite: