I’m Karen, the recipe creator, food photographer, and blogger at 2Teaspoons. I love great food and I love sharing it with great people like you. Read on to learn a little more about me and my passion (ok, obsession!) for great food!
About Karen (that’s me!):
As of August 2014, I’ve lived my whole life in the northeast: born and raised in upstate New York, college in Boston, and grad school in New Haven. But now I’m migrating down through the skyscrapers of New York City, past the Liberty Bell in Philadelphia, and landing in our nation’s capital, Washington DC.
I’m super excited about exploring all DC has to offer (DC must-see and must-taste recommendations are very welcome!) There’s no introduction quite like tasting your way through a new city and I plan on getting very acquainted with DC.
I also have wonderful husband, Chris. We met in grad school in 2008 and married on June 1, 2013. Since meeting me, Chris has grown a new appreciation for food, and our evenings often revolve around drinking wine, cooking, and of course eating delicious dinners. He’s the best recipe taster, sous chef, and dinner companion I could ask for.
Passion for food:
Simply put, I love to cook because I love to eat!
I’m a self-taught, taste-bud-guided cook that loves trying new recipes and new foods. I’m always looking for recommendations, so please send along both your tried-and-true favorites and new-and-exciting creations!
I started 2Teaspoons because I believe in simple ingredients, delicious food, and that all food is best when shared with friends. Thank you for stopping by 2Teaspoons. Welcome to my dinner table and pull up a chair!
A few of my favorite things:
- I love coffee. I think waking up and slowly drinking a cup of coffee (or three!) is pretty much the best way ever to start your day.
- I love wine. I particularly love any wine that goes with what I’m eating. I love any tasting menu that offers wine pairings with each course.
- I love long dinners. I love lingering over wine, delicious food, and stimulating conversation. I look forward to dinner all long day. It’s my favorite meal of the day and my favorite event of the night…I like it to last as long as possible!
- I love local. Local food, local wine, local services. It’s fresher, it’s tastier, and it’s just better. I love supporting and interacting with local businesses! The quality and service just can’t be beat!
- I love dogs. I’m a current dog lover and future dog owner! I think any waggly, wiggly little cutie is adorable, but I’m particularly partial to labs and golden retrievers…check out my pinterest board for lots of cute puppie photos!
- I love math. By night I’m a food fanatic, but by day I’m a mechanical engineer and geoscientist. I enjoy breaking complex questions down into solvable problems, whether it’s figuring out how the Earth works or how to make that baked chicken recipe taste like it’s fried 🙂
- I love the fall and I love Halloween! I grew up with a big brother who’s birthday is right around Halloween. My family always held fantastic celebrations on Halloween…monster shaped cake always included! Nowadays I particularly look forward to apple picking, maple cream, and roasted squash…yummy!
- I love trying new food and I love reading food blogs — send me a link to yours or post it below! And remember,
I love hearing from readers!