No campfire? No problem! Make your s’mores inside! S’more cookies are packed with graham crackers, toasted marshmallows, and chocolate to satisfy any campfire craving. Click here to Pin this recipe
Happy 4th of July everyone! I hope you’re all having a day full of friends, fireworks, and fabulous food.
We just got back from a wonderful wedding this past weekend. The whole three-day event was fantastic! The rehearsal dinner concluded with a campfire, marshmallow toasting and of course s’mores! Summer wedding win!
We’re back in DC now, and once again are confined to our no-campfires-allowed apartment. As the 4th approaches, I’ve been thinking that I may have to do without the campfire, but I certainly don’t have to do without the s’mores!
These s’mores cookies are actually cookies! How is that possible? Here’s how:
- Take one graham cracker cookie.
- Top with a broiler-toasted marshmallow.
- Finish with a Hershey kiss.
Easy as, well, a cookie!
Also, if you don’t want to make your own cookie butter you can use biscoff spread or peanut butter.
Happy 4th of July!
Graham Cracker Cookies
- ½ cup butter softened to room temperature
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup cookie butter*
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup crushed graham crackers about 5 sheets
- 14-16 marshmallows one per cookie
- 14-16 chocolate kisses one per cookie
- Cream the butter and sugars together on medium speed using a mixer. Add the cookie butter, then egg, then vanilla, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda, spices, and salt.
- Slowly add flour mixture into butter-sugar mixture, being careful not to over mix the dough. Once dough is fully combined use a large spoon to stir in graham cracker crumbs. Dough will be very soft, refrigerate for at least 60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll cookie dough into balls (2 tablespoons for small cookies, ¼ cup for large cookies) Arrange dough on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake until cookies just start to brown, about 8-10 minutes for small cookies or 10-15 minutes for large cookies. Cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheet, transfer to wire rack and let cool completely.
- Once cookies are cool (and preferably when you are ready to eat them), place one marshmallow on each cookie and place under the broiler until marshmallow is toasted, about 1 minute. Watch the cookies carefully, one of my marshmallows caught on fire during my first batch. Remove cookies from broiler, place Hershey kiss on each, and serve.
*Peanut butter can be substituted for cookie butter for peanut-infused s’more cookies.
**Cookies are best served immediately after toasting marshmallows, but will keep for a few days in an airtight container on the counter.